Find room

1. Date
2. Capacity
Age of child(ren):
3. Parking on site
Hotel BrnoHotel Brno parkováníapartmány Brnorestaurace BrnoKongresové centrumFitness BrnoWellness BrnoSauna Brno

Where to go in Brno

DIETRICHSTEIN PALACE

In one of the permanent exhibitions of the Moravian Museum situated in Dietrichstein Palace in the Vegetable Market you will find remarkable displays…
 

 

LEOS JANACEK MEMORIAL
LEOS JANACEK MEMORIAL

One of the most important places linked to the life and work of the famous composer
 

 

Moravian Gallery - Governor’s Palace
MORAVIAN GALLERY - GOVERNOR’S PALACE

Thanks to its architectonic design the Governor’s Palace ranks among the most remarkable buildings in Brno
 

 

Špilberk Castle
ŠPILBERK CASTLE

The castle was founded in the middle of 13th century by the Czech king Premysl Otakar II. In the middle of 14th century under the reign of Jan Jindrich and…
 

 

Veverí Castle
VEVERÍ CASTLE

The surroundings of the Brno Dam with forests and many attractive nooks are an ideal destination for hikers and cyclists. One of the most popular places is…
 

 

Villa Tugendhat
VILLA TUGENDHAT

The only examplar of Modern architecture in the Czech Republic recorded on the UNESCO

 

 

Cathedral of St. Peter and Paul
CATHEDRAL OF ST. PETER AND PAUL

Gothic cathedral, noon bells and diocesan museum
 

 

Jurkovic House
JURKOVIC HOUSE

The Jurkovic House is among the many fine examples of architecture created in Brno around the beginning of the 20th century.
 

 

Stiassni Villa
STIASSNI VILLA

The villa on an extensive plot occupying a slope in Pisárky was designed by architect Ernst Wiesner in 1927 for Alfred Stiassny, an important textile…

 

 

The Mitrovskych summer pavilion
THE MITROVSKYCH SUMMER PAVILION

The Villa was built by Freeman Antonín Arnošt Mitrovský next to the Augustinian cloister at the end of the 18th century (1779-1794), in the fashionable…
 

 

Mincmistrovský sklep (Mintmaster’s cellar)
MINCMISTROVSKÝ SKLEP (MINTMASTER’S CELLAR)

One of the oldest monuments of Brno
 

 

The Ossuary of St. James’ Church
THE OSSUARY OF ST. JAMES’ CHURCH

"Kostnice u sv. Jakuba" is the second largest ossuary in Europe!
 

 

Underground "Labyrint pod Zelným trhem"
UNDERGROUND "LABYRINT POD ZELNÝM TRHEM"

Unexpected experiences
 

 

Exhibition Centre
EXHIBITION CENTRE

The complex that was the biggest and most modern exhibition centre in pre-war Czechoslovakia in terms of its size and urban design, up to the present day…

 

 

Utility tunnels of Brno
UTILITY TUNNELS OF BRNO

The city-owned company Technické síte Brno, a.s. offers guided tours in utility tunnels within the framework of a project entitled Brnenské technické…

 

 

BASILICA OF THE ASSUMPTION OF OUR LADY

It is rightly called a gem of Gothic architecture in Moravia. In 1323 the royal widow Elizabeth Richeza of Poland founded a Cistercian convent called Aula…
 

 

Bata Department Store
BATA DEPARTMENT STORE

The first big design by Vladimír Karfík, Bata’s chief designer, after his return from practice in the USA, and his only inter-war building built in Brno,…

 

Big Fountain
BIG FOUNTAIN

 

 

Bohuslav Fuchs' Own Villa
BOHUSLAV FUCHS' OWN VILLA

Bohuslav Fuchs, already a renowned architect, decided to build his own villa near the Czech Officers' Quarter in Ĺ˝abovresky in the second half of the 1920s.…

 

 

Brno Architecture Trail
BRNO ARCHITECTURE TRAIL

The Brno Architecture Trail project started in cooperation of Brno and the Brno House of Arts with the financial assistance of the European Fund for…
 

 

Brno Clock Sculpture
BRNO CLOCK SCULPTURE

The clock sculpture – an astonishing multifunctional machine situated in námestí Svobody or Freedom Square is an exceptional sculptural work by Czech…
 

 

Bucovice Chateaux
BUCOVICE CHATEAUX

National cultural monument
 

 

Cabbage Market (Zelný trh)
CABBAGE MARKET (ZELNÝ TRH)

Cabbage Market (Zelný trh) is situated in the middle of the historical city centre. It was already established when the city itself was established in the 1…
 

 

Capuchin Burial Vault
CAPUCHIN BURIAL VAULT

 

Capuchin Monastery
CAPUCHIN MONASTERY

Capuchin Monastery with the Church of the Discovery of the Holy Cross
 

 

Capuchin Square (Kapucínské námestí)
CAPUCHIN SQUARE (KAPUCÍNSKÉ NÁMESTÍ)

The small Capuchin Square offers one of the most typical and most beautiful views over the Petrov spires. You can see also the Renaissance loggia of the…
 

 

Chateau Belcredi in Líšen
CHATEAU BELCREDI IN LÍŠEN

 

 

CHLEBORÁD’S VILLA
CHLEBORÁD’S VILLA

Building of the former organ school where Leoš Janácek was headmaster.
 

 

Church of St. John and Loreto
CHURCH OF ST. JOHN AND LORETO

The Church of St. John has been an inseparable part of the city of Brno since the 13th century even if its shape was changing during centuries, especially…
 

 

Church of St. Mary Magdalene
CHURCH OF ST. MARY MAGDALENE

 

 

CHURCH OF THE ASSUMPTION OF THE VIRGIN MARY

Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary with Premonstrate monastery
CHURCH OF THE ASSUMPTION OF THE VIRGIN MARY WITH PREMONSTRATE MONASTERY

 

 

Comenius Square and the circular avenue (Komenského námestí)
COMENIUS SQUARE AND THE CIRCULAR AVENUE (KOMENSKÉHO NÁMESTÍ)

The circular avenue, one of the most pronounced features of the urban composition of Brno, was established gradually during the 2nd half of the 19th century…
 

 

Community Hall
COMMUNITY HALL

Community hall belongs among the most important buildings in historical part of the city. It is the place where outstanding composer and conductor Leoš…
 

 

Convalaria, a tenement house with shops
CONVALARIA, A TENEMENT HOUSE WITH SHOPS

At the end of the 1930s, also O. Poríska made a valuable contribution to Brno’s functionalist architecture with his tenement house with shops, a café and a…


 

 

Essler's Textile Factory
ESSLER'S TEXTILE FACTORY

 

 

Exhibition Centre - Pavilion P
EXHIBITION CENTRE - PAVILION P

 

 

Exhibition Centre - Pavilion Z
EXHIBITION CENTRE - PAVILION Z

 

 

FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE BUILDING, BRNO UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
FACULTY OF ARCHITECTURE BUILDING, BRNO UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY

The  school of architecture in Brno was established in 1919. In the newly established state of Czechoslovakia, favorable conditions were created, in…
 

 

Fortification Wall Circuit
FORTIFICATION WALL CIRCUIT

Several routes lead off the look-out platform in the Denis Gardens, which either head in serpentines to Nové Sady or to the look-out terraces below Petrov.…
 

 

Freedom Square (Námestí Svobody)
FREEDOM SQUARE (NÁMESTÍ SVOBODY)

The biggest and probably the oldest square in Brno, formerly called Lower Market, has still kept its original triangular shape, determined by the former…
 

 

Gym under the Spielberk Castle
GYM UNDER THE SPIELBERK CASTLE

 

Hády Transmission Tower
HÁDY TRANSMISSION TOWER

 

Hausperk Palace of Fanal
HAUSPERK PALACE OF FANAL

The Palace was originally a Gothic building; early-Renaissance vaults are preserved in the rear wing. Extensive reconstruction dates back to the 

 

 

HOUSE OF THE LORDS OF LIPÁ

The House of the Lords of Lipá near the Klein Palace ranks among the most beautiful of Brno Renaissance houses. The house with richly decorated façade and…
 

 

Hussite Church Building
HUSSITE CHURCH BUILDING

The Czechoslovak Hussite Church was founded in 1920, a short time after the formation of Czechoslovakia, creating a purely Czech religious platform…

 

 

Indecent Little Man
INDECENT LITTLE MAN

On the south-facing side of the Church of St. James, if you have a good look high up to the end of the Gothic arch, you will notice an oddity: the indecent…
 

 

Jewish Cemetery
JEWISH CEMETERY

 

 

Kaunic's Hall of Residence
KAUNIC'S HALL OF RESIDENCE

A new form of the building of Kaunic´s Hall of Residence has become one of the dominants of Brno city.
 

 

Kounic Palace
KOUNIC PALACE

 

 

Kroha's Own Villa
KROHA'S OWN VILLA

The villa is situated at the end of a row of terraced houses and its main residential rooms face south and look out on the slope of the terraced garden. The…

 

 

Kudela Villa
KUDELA VILLA

The plain cube of Kudela villa is situated on the corner of Klácelova and Havlíckova streets and was built according to a design by Jan Víšek in 1927. The…

 

 

LEOŠ JANÁCEK’S GRAVE AT CENTRAL CEMETERY
LEOŠ JANÁCEK’S GRAVE AT CENTRAL CEMETERY

He was born on 3 July 1854 in Hukvaldy near Príbor and died on 2 August 1928 in Ostrava. Section 25e, grave no. 64
 

 

Maiden of Stone
MAIDEN OF STONE

At no. 16 in Orlí street, where the first Brno post office used to be, a strange sculpture in the back of the courtyard has been gripping the citizens'…
Main Railway Station
MAIN RAILWAY STATION

Malinovsky Square (Malinovského námestí)
MALINOVSKY SQUARE (MALINOVSKÉHO NÁMESTÍ)

Its dominant feature is the Neo-Renaissance Mahen Theatre, built in 1881–1882 according to the project by F. Fellner and H. Helmer, the first theatre…
 

 

Malý Špalícek
MALÝ ŠPALÍCEK

“Malý Špalícek” came into being through the connection of four old houses of Renaissance and Gothic origin. Brno architect Andrea Erna had owned one of the…
 

 

Meat Market
MEAT MARKET

At the turn of the 20th century, Europe witnessed the emergence of large slaughterhouses and exchange markets where private butchers could purchase fresh…

 

 

Memorial of Liberation
MEMORIAL OF LIBERATION

 

 

MENDEL SQUARE

 

Minorite Monastery
MINORITE MONASTERY

 

Moravian Bank (at present Commercial Bank)
MORAVIAN BANK (AT PRESENT COMMERCIAL BANK)

With its staircase running into Veselá Street, this building with a broad shopping passage significantly affected the appearance of Brno’s central square.…

 

Moravian Square (Moravské námestí)
MORAVIAN SQUARE (MORAVSKÉ NÁMESTÍ)

Similarly as in Vienna, a circular avenue was built in Brno on the site of the demolished fortification walls, together with promenade parks, presentable…
 

 

Natural Monument Velká Klajdovka
NATURAL MONUMENT VELKÁ KLAJDOVKA

 

 

Neumark Villa
NEUMARK VILLA

The style of the villa resembles the previous house designs for wealthy clients – Stiassny and Münz. Like them, this villa is also divided into a main…

 

 

New Town Hall
NEW TOWN HALL

The former Dominican monastery from its establishment in the mid 13th century served as the House of Moravian estates. The author of Baroque alterations of…
 

 

Old Brno
OLD BRNO

When looking out from Špilberk you might have seen an impressive Gothic church with a small spire. If you are curios, take a diversion from the big route to…
 

 

Old Town Hall
OLD TOWN HALL

The Old Town Hall is connected with many legends. One of them tells of the creator of the Gothic portal, master Anton Pilgram; the most well-known ones are…
 

 

Parnas Fountain
PARNAS FOUNTAIN

One of the most famous fountains and one of the most important baroque sights in Brno
 

 

Patocka Villa
PATOCKA VILLA

The villa is situated in the upper part of the Pod vodojemem villa colony, whose urban conception is the work of architect Jindrich Kumpošt. The main…

 

 

Plague Pillar
PLAGUE PILLAR

The early Baroque pillar was built in 1679 where the Marian pillar used to be. The pillar was designed by Johann Baptist Erna in co-operation with Brno’s…
 

 

Polášek's Own Villa
POLÁŠEK'S OWN VILLA

Josef Polášek's career assumed a promising course in the early 1930s and the architect could afford to build his own villa in Barvicova Street. Therefore,…

 

 

Psota Villa
PSOTA VILLA

The customer of the villa at Kaplanova 1 was the world-famous dancer and choreographer Ivo Vána Psota (1908–52), who became a solo dancer in 1926 and…

 

 

Public Spa in Zábrdovice
PUBLIC SPA IN ZÁBRDOVICE

A mere third of all Brno apartments featured basic hygienic facilities in the 1930s. As such, Brno residents were forced to wash in public spas 

 

 

ROMAN SQUARE (RÍMSKÉ NÁMESTÍ)

Through Františkánská Street you’ll get to the open space called Roman Square. Although everybody in Brno knows this common name, you won’t find it on the…
 

 

Šilinger Square (Šilingrovo námestí)
ŠILINGER SQUARE (ŠILINGROVO NÁMESTÍ)

Its dominant feature is a Neo-Renaissance municipal court that was considered as a possible seat of the Supreme Administrative Court of the Czech Republic,…
 

 

Ss. Cyril and Methodius Church
SS. CYRIL AND METHODIUS CHURCH

 

 

St. James’ Church
ST. JAMES’ CHURCH

The earliest written record of the church of St James in Brno dates back to 1228. The Romanesque church from the early 13th century was later replaced by a…
 

 

 

St. James’ Square (Jakubské námestí)
ST. JAMES’ SQUARE (JAKUBSKÉ NÁMESTÍ)

The originally very narrow street led from the Freedom Square to the space in the front of the St. James’ Church. During redevelopment of the historic…
 

 

 

St. Michael Church
ST. MICHAEL CHURCH

The church was built in the years 1658-67 by the Brno architect Jan Krtitel Erna. This baroque church is situated with its monumental facade facing the…
 

 

St. Thomas Church
ST. THOMAS CHURCH

This former Augustinian monastery was founded in the year 1350 by the margrave Jan Jindrich Lucemburský, brother of Emperor Charles IV, and his son Jošt.…
 

 

 

ST. THOMAS‘ AUGUSTINIAN ABBEY IN OLD BRNO
ST. THOMAS‘ AUGUSTINIAN ABBEY IN OLD BRNO

In 1323 the Czech and Polish Queen Widow Elisabeth Richenza established a Cistercian convent in the part of the city called Old Brno.
 

 

Staré Zámky Ancient Slavonic Fortified Settlement
STARÉ ZÁMKY ANCIENT SLAVONIC FORTIFIED SETTLEMENT

   

Statue of W. A. Mozart
STATUE OF W. A. MOZART

 

 

Stein Villa
STEIN VILLA

Ernst Wiesner designed a modestly conceived villa in Barvicova Street for Leo Stein, the sales manager of the Telephony and Electrical Company in Brno, in 1…

 

 

Tesar Villa
TESAR VILLA

The extensive set of modern buildings in the Masaryk Quarter in Brno was enriched in 1937–38 by a villa designed by Bohuslav Fuchs for the Tesar family.…

 

 

THE 10-Z NUCLEAR FALLOUT SHELTER
THE 10-Z NUCLEAR FALLOUT SHELTER

10-Z is the code name of probably the most highly classified nuclear fallout shelter in Brno dating back to the communist era, whose purpose was to protect the…
 

 

The Alfa Palace
THE ALFA PALACE

Attracting attention by its suspended facades made of light opaxite panels, this 8-storey building, one of the landmarks of modern Brno, 


 

 

The Brno Dragon
THE BRNO DRAGON

What is the true story of the Brno dragon? Nobody knows for sure. There are some rumours that the dragon was brought back by the crusaders from one of their…
 

 

The Brouk&Babka Department Store (at present Bata Department Store)
THE BROUK&BABKA DEPARTMENT STORE (AT PRESENT BATA DEPARTMENT STORE)

Covered with a flat roof, this 7-storey skeleton row structure with a recessed upper floor, is a typical example of a more conservative stream of Brno’s…

 

 

The Church of Jan Amos Comenius  - Red Church
THE CHURCH OF JAN AMOS COMENIUS - RED CHURCH

The evangelical church was designed by Heinrich von Ferstel (1828-1883), one of the leading architects of Ringstrasse in Vienna, Austria (e.g. Votivkirche).…
 

 

The house of Lords of Kunštát
THE HOUSE OF LORDS OF KUNŠTÁT

The renaissance house with middleage core, arcade courtyard with courtyard balcony from second half of 16. century.
 

 

The Klein Palace
THE KLEIN PALACE

This Neo-Renaissance house was built in the years 1847–1848 for the owner of the ironworks in Sobotín. Architects Theofil Hansen and Ludwig Förster used…
 

 

The Löw-Beer Villa
THE LÖW-BEER VILLA

 

 

The Menín Gate
THE MENÍN GATE

The only remaining gate of the Brno fortification system
 

 

 

The Savoy Café
THE SAVOY CAFÉ

J. Nekvapil’s Savoy Café came into existence by the adaptation of the lower floors of a corner house, the so-called Thonethof, on a two-wing ground plan…

 

 

The Tale of a Built-in Councilman Haas
THE TALE OF A BUILT-IN COUNCILMAN HAAS

During the Hussite Wars the Hussite army came to the City of Brno and wanted to defeat it. Due to the fact that the city was at that time very well…
 

 

The twisted Pinnacle of the old town hall
THE TWISTED PINNACLE OF THE OLD TOWN HALL

When the old town hall was beeing built, the adlermen send for a well known stone-mason who had served his apprenticeship with the most famous masters of…
 

 

The Wheel Bet
THE WHEEL BET

The wheel hanging next to the dragon is said to be made by Birk, a wheelwright from Lednice. The following story is said to be based on fact: One sunny day…
 

 

The Zeman Café
THE ZEMAN CAFÉ

The reconstruction of the Zeman Café in 1925 was a turning point in the development of Brno’s inter-war architecture. The Zeman Café closed the period of…

 

 

 

THEATRE IN VEVERÍ STREET
THEATRE IN VEVERÍ STREET

The first Czech professional theatre in Brno called National Theatre in Brno was opened in 1884 in the renovated dance hall of the “U Marovských” pub on the…
 

 

Vankovka Gallery
VANKOVKA GALLERY

 

 

VESNA PROFESSIONAL SECONDARY SCHOOL FOR WOMEN'S OCCUPATIONS

The complex of the Vesna Professional School for Women's Occupations in Lipová Street ascending Pisárky Hill in Brno was built in 1929–1930; it also…

Vlnena Gallery
VLNENA GALLERY